Effective Date: June 29, 2020
This Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) describes and applies to:
- The information that may be collected from you through the SquadPod website; (https://squadpod.com/) (the “Site”);
- SquadPod’s mobile application (the “App” and collectively with the Site, the “SquadPod Platform”); Information you provide to us when you communicate with a representative of SquadPod via email, telephone, or through other means; and
- Any email, text, or other electronic messages between you and the SquadPod Platform.
This Notice also describes how we use that information and under what circumstances we disclose the information. For purposes of this Privacy Notice, “Services” shall mean all services, features, functionality, and content provided through the SquadPod Platform.
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES, YOUR CHOICE IS NOT TO USE THE SQUADPOD PLATFORM AND OUR SERVICES. BY USING THE SQUADPOD PLATFORM AND THE SERVICES, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE TERMS OF THIS NOTICE APPLY TO YOUR USE OF THE SQUADPOD PLATFORM.
For information about the terms that apply to your use of the SquadPod Platform, including the capitalized terms not defined in the text see the SquadPod’s Terms of Service (https://squadpod.com/terms-service/).
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PRIVACY NOTICE CAREFULLY.
The Information We Collect and How We Collect It
When you use the SquadPod Platform and our Services, we receive and collect certain information.
Information You Submit to SquadPod
To use the SquadPod Platform and the Services, you will need to create an Account with SquadPod. When creating your Account, we may collect personal information including, but not limited to, your name, your email address, and your telephone number.
SquadPod utilizes third-party vendors for processing all payments. The third-party vendor will collect payment information, including, without limitation, your credit card number, billing address, email address, and telephone number. We may share the foregoing information with the third-party payment vendor, but our third-party payment vendor does not share with us the payment information they receive from you.
In addition to the information described above, we may also collect: (i) information you provide at the time of requesting new or additional Services; (ii) information you provide when you report a problem with the SquadPod Platform or the Services; (iii) records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; (iv) your responses to surveys or promotions that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and (v) any other information you submit to us or which is included in any of your submissions and submissions on your behalf.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Collection Technologies
Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you use the SquadPod Platform and the Services. This information may include information such as the following: (i) the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, including the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using and the IP address of your Internet Service Provider; (ii) the type and version of Internet browser software you use and your operating system; (iii) the date and time you access the SquadPod Platform the length of your stay; (iv) information about your mobile device, including the device’s unique device identifier, mobile network information and device’s telephone number; and (v) demographic information and the language(s) used by the computer or mobile device. We may also collect general, non-identifying statistical information in connection with the use of the SquadPod Platform and the Services. With the exception of the IP address, this information is not personal information and cannot be used to individually identify you.
We use this information to monitor the usage of the SquadPod Platform and the Services, assess performance, ensure technological compatibility with your computer and mobile device, and understand the relative importance of the information provided on the SquadPod Platform. We may also use this data to conduct statistical analyses on usage patterns.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies.Certain features of the SquadPod Platform may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the SquadPod Platform. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons.Pages of the SquadPod Platform may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit SquadPod, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may collect personal information from other sources when you choose to login using another platform (such as Google or Apple) or when other sign you up, and we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Do Not Track Signals and Requests
Do not track signals and requests are sent from your browser to websites you visit indicating you do not want to be tracked or monitored. In most circumstances, you need to affirmatively elect to turn on the do not track signals or requests. Websites are not required to accept these signals or requests, and many do not. Currently, we do not honor do not track signals or requests.
If information is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer reasonably associated with an identified or identifiable natural person. We may collect de-identified information and use it for any legally permissible business purpose.
SquadPod’s Services enable you to upload, share, and store information, documents, and other materials (“User Data”). You retain ownership of User Data and you control how User Data is shared in accordance with your settings. For example, you may enable or disable access to certain Services and third-party integrations, manage permissions, set retention and export settings, and create, manage, or consolidate Squads. You understand that we may access User Data from time to time to assist you in providing the Services and to improve the Services and the SquadPod Platform and use User Data in accordance with this Notice and the Terms of Service.
You also may submit, upload, publicly display, post, or transmit files, information, content, messages, feedback, or other data for public disclosure (“User Contributions”). User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions.
How We Use and Share Information
We may disclose de-identified information (whether or not aggregated) without restriction. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Notice in connection with the following:
- To process and administer your Account.
- To process, complete or otherwise act upon or respond to your request or reason for submitting that information.
- To register and/or verify you in connection with Services that you are attempting to access or obtain.
- To communicate with you about your request or reason for submitting that information.
- To provide additional information to you about our Services.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To our subsidiaries, Affiliates and professional advisors.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent and for the purpose, scope and period of the consent.
We do not sell your information to third parties.
Except where we otherwise obtain your express permission, we share your information with third parties only under the limited circumstances stated below:
- Credit card authorization companies receive the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process a transaction.
- Information is subject to disclosure in response to judicial or other governmental subpoenas, warrants and court orders served on us in accordance with their terms, or as otherwise required by applicable Law.
- Information is subject to disclosure to protect our respective rights or property, to enforce the provisions of this Privacy Notice and the Terms of Service, and/or to prevent harm to you or others.
- Information may be disclosed and transferred if our respective businesses or assets thereof are sold or offered for sale to another company or person(s), either partially or as a whole if a petition for relief under the United States Bankruptcy Laws is filed by or against any one of us, or if any one of us becomes subject to an order of appointment of a trustee or receiver.
- If you communicate with us via email or through other means, we will share your correspondence, including any information provided in the correspondence, with employees, volunteers, representatives or agents asked to address your correspondence. We may retain a copy of the communication for our records.
- To carry out certain business functions, such as email delivery or our own marketing, or improving or creating products, features or services available through the SquadPod Platform, we hire other companies to perform services on our behalf. We may disclose information that we collect about you to these companies to enable them to perform these services, but they are required to safeguard the information and are not authorized to use it for any purpose inconsistent with the purposes or uses described above.
SquadPod strives to employ reasonable security procedures to preserve your privacy and to protect User Data from unauthorized access, including requiring passwords and encryption of Internet traffic. SquadPod will notify you in the event it becomes aware of any unauthorized access to User Data. Unless unauthorized access is the result of action or inaction by you, SquadPod will take reasonable actions necessary to block that unauthorized access. Although SquadPod has implemented security measures to protect User Data and your privacy, SquadPod is not responsible or liable in the event an unauthorized user gains access to your account or User Data, unless otherwise required by Law.
The safety and security of your information and User Data also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the SquadPod Platform and the Services, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential.
Your Individual Privacy Rights
Some jurisdictions (state, federal, national and international), such as California (through various laws, including the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”), Canada, and the European Economic Area (through the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)), provide individuals with certain rights regarding their User Data. To exercise any rights your jurisdiction may provide, contact us by using the information at the bottom of this section. The following are examples of individual rights from GDPR and the CCPA. Your rights will depend on the location in which you reside:
- Being informed about your User Data and how we control or process it
- Viewing and obtaining a copy of the User Data we maintain about you
- Amending or revising the User Data we maintain about you
- Having the User Data we keep about you erased (also known as the right to be forgotten)
- Objecting to the use of your User Data for direct marketing
- Restricting our use of the User Data we maintain about you
- Transferring the User Data we maintain about you to another entity
- Objecting to our use of the User Data we maintain about you
- Objecting to automated decision making or automated profiling
- Knowing from where we obtained your User Data
- To receive the same products or services (to the extent possible) at the same price regardless of whether you exercise your individual rights under this Notice
- Withdraw your previously provided consent (this right may only be available on a prospective basis)
- Filing a complaint with us or the appropriate governmental entity
We may require that you verify your identity before exercising your individual rights.
To exercise any of your individual rights, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: SquadPod, Inc., 8501 E Princess Drive Suite 200 Scottsdale, AZ 85255, Attention: Customer Support or contact us by phone at: 1.844.426.5783
Links to Third-party Websites
Personal Information about Children
The SquadPod Platform and the Services are targeted for use only by adults in the United States. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13.
In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided information to us, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protect Act (see the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/privacyinitiatives/childrens.html for more information), we will delete the child’s information from our files to the extent technologically possible. If you believe we have received information about a child under the age of 13, please contact us using the information provided at the end of the Your Individual Privacy Rights. Note, when used for educational purposes and in relation to an educational institution, the education institution may be permitted to and have consented to the disclosure of educational records and/or information for students, including children under the age of 13, as provided under the Children’s Online Privacy Protect Act (COPPA), the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the guidance published in relation to FERPA and COPPA.
What to Do About Suspected Violations of This Privacy Notice
If at any time you believe that we, or any third-party vendor who is providing Services on or through the SquadPod Platform, has not adhered to the policies and principles set forth in this Notice, please notify us using the contact information provided below.
Use of Electronic Mail
Information collected through email may be shared with our customer service group, employees or other third parties that perform services on our behalf. Unless otherwise noted, email on the SquadPod Platform is not a completely secure and confidential means of communication. Non-encrypted email communications may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users without your knowledge and permission while in transit to us.
Users Outside of the United States
The data protection and other Laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using the SquadPod Platform and the Services as well as communicating with a SquadPod representative via email, telephone, or through other means, you consent to your information being transferred to our facilities (located within the United States) and to the facilities of those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Privacy Notice.
Changes to Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice was last modified on the date first written above. If we change our Privacy Notice, except as noted in the preceding section, we will post those changes within the SquadPod Platform and we may notify you by email to the email address specified in your Account. You are responsible for ensuring that we have an up-to-date active email address for you and for periodically visiting this Privacy Notice to check for any updates.
Questions, Comments and Contact Information